Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dazzled by a Star

I’m in Burbank for a technical class, so I thought I’d go down to Hollywood to see what there is to see. I parked for what most places charge for a lobster dinner and then walked up and down Hollywood Blvd. Crowds had gathered near the Chinese Theater for the premier of what is sure to be a classic hit movie Drag Me to Hell or some such title. Bright lights had been set up and red carpet rolled out for the imminent arrival of the famous, blond teen starlet, ?? . . . I have no idea what her name is, but here picture was festooned everywhere. Soon she would arrive in a stretch limo to be dragged or drug (or some such verb) inside.

Most people, given the opportunity to catch a glimpse of a Hollywood starlet would have waited for hours, or perhaps minutes, but I am not most people. I moseyed onward, glancing at the stars beneath my feet. I decided to take a picture with the digital camera that I so often forget is included in my phone’s features. But of which star? Who among all this fame and fortune deserves my attention and devotion? After waiting 54 years for this privilege, which of all these well trodden stars should I capture and cherish in my memory and share with my friends and family?

And there it was.

This should make you green with envy.


No comments:

Post a Comment